Frequently asked questions
Does Sales Tax apply to my purchase?
ToolTopia currently collects sales tax on purchases shipped to all states and territories except: except: Hawaii, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon and Virginia.
How do I get tax exemption on my order?
If you qualify, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Important points to remember regarding tax exemption:
- Please make sure all required fields are completed including the type of exemption you are claiming. Incomplete forms will not be accepted by the state, so they must be filled completely to be accepted by ToolTopia. A copy of your business sales tax permit is not an acceptable substitute for the state-approved form.
- If you are purchasing items for your own use, we cannot accept a resale exemption certificate. You must pay sales tax on these items.
- Farmers - Please note, some states do not allow agricultural exemptions for many of the items ToolTopia sells. Please consult your tax advisor before submitting an exemption certificate.
- Seller information is required to be completed on all tax exempt forms. Please use the information below:
2727 Interstate Blvd.
Lakeland, FL 33805
How do I use a Tooltopia Gift Certificate?
Tooltopia Gift Certificates must be used on phone orders only. Please have the gift certificate number available when calling to place your order. The gift certificate number would have been provided to you via email. Gift Certificates are non-transferrable and must be used to purchase goods and cannot be used toward additional gift certificates. Gift certificates cannot be returned for a refund. If an order exceeds the amount of the recipient's gift certificate, the difference must be paid with a credit card or other accepted payment method. Gift certificates and their use on the Tooltopia.com website are subject to our general Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies.
Gift Certificates with Robinair purchases are only available for Robinair items purchased on Tooltopia.com at MAP Price with the Gift Certificate listed on the Product Page. Gift certificates will be provided once the payment is complete and the Robinair item has been delivered.
Use Tax Notice:Notice for Use Tax in States Where ToolTopia Does Not Collect Sales Tax:
This notice is for customers who take delivery of merchandise in states where sales tax is not charged. Some states will require purchasers to report their transactions that were not taxed and pay use tax on those purchases. Customers should check their state's reporting requirements for tax forms to be used for this purpose.
- Purchases are subject to use tax in certain states unless exempt from taxation in those states.
- The purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet.
- Some states will require customers to report their purchases that were not taxed and pay use tax on those purchases. Customers should check their state's reporting requirements for tax forms to be used for this purpose.